Wednesday 4 May 2011

wedding window








Almost everyone I know watched part of the Royal Wedding last week, I really enjoyed all the hats of course as well as the fabrics, shapes, colours and accessories.
I wanted to have a vintage feeling to one of my shop windows just prior to the wedding and to achieve this, wrapped some silk around some mdf that had been cut into a dressing table mirror shape.
Then I pinned pattern pieces, photographs taken by Shelly at Toast and a beautiful hand embroidered lavender heart by carolinewattsembroidery .
On one side I have a hat block,scissors,pins,tape measure and threads with a sign that reads 'where design meets traditional skills'.
All the hats where of a neutral tone, two pill box, one with veiling, one made from window sinamay and a window sinamay brimmed hat with a silk organza crown.
I did have some green foliage and a tulip but that wilted very quickly as it was very sunny.
The only problem has been trying to get a great photograph through the glass.!
I am going to keep the display for another week but change the hats for bridal headdresses and accessories.
SHARE:

No comments

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig