Friday 6 February 2015

Printing Our Own Fabrics










For ages I have wanted to print my fabrics to create interesting designs and this week it happened.
I was going to make some screen prints but decided it would be less messy and therefore more manageable to cut out craft foam and mount them on to wooden blocks.
To begin with I drew a few simple shapes like the one above but now I know it works well I can make the next ones a little more intricate.
I used lovely Irish linen to create two pretty pashminas and added embroidery,shell beads and a little lace.
It is colour fast and can be washed so perfect for accessories. I also printed a small area on the front of a linen clutch bag. Oh the joy of printing I think I've found a new passion.!
SHARE:

No comments

© Hat Therapy . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig